WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHY DO I USE THEM?
Cookies are small text files that are placed onto your computer by websites and/or applications that you visit. Cookies are used to help me improve your experience when using my website – for example, storing your preferred language setting for the next time you visit.
The information I collect from cookies enables me to:
- Tailor my website to your personal needs
- Remember the notifications that you have been shown, so that you are not shown them again
- Make improvements and updates to our websites based on the way you want to use them
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO I USE?
I use the following categories of cookies:
Category 1: necessary cookies
Necessary cookies enable you to use my website and all of it’s features, such as enabling access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies you may not be able to use all the features of my website.
Category 2: performance cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how you use my website so I can improve it for you in the future. For example, they collect information on which pages you visit most often and any error messages you may get. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous. They do not collect any information that can identify you personally.
- Google Analytics (universal): I use Google Universal Analytics to monitor my website performances and check visitor activities to adapt my content based on their expectations
- JetPack: I use JetPack to validate that my website design and user experience are performing as expected and offer the best possible experience to my visitors.
Category 3: functionality cookies
Functionality cookies enable me to provide you with a more personalized experience. It help me to remember data, such as your username and language preference, to save you having to enter them again the next time you visit. The information these cookies collect is anonymous. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: targeting/advertising cookies
I may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that I believe are relevant to you and your interests.
For example, I may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on my website, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on my website and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Facebook Pixel: I use Facebook pixel tracking to measure social media campaign efficiency related to the Facebook platform
- Google Adwords (conversion): I use Google Adwords cookies to customize the advertising and content you see for my website, limit the number of ads you see for my website, and measure the effectiveness of my campaign
- Google Adwords (remarketing): I use Google Adwords remarketing cookies to collect data about your activities when you visit my website, the website of entities who serve my ads (advertisers), or the website and online services where I display ads
- Bing Ads (News): I use Bing Ad cookies to record the completion of transactions you make on my website
Google Adwords and Bing Ads cookies may be used to customize the advertising and content you see in my website. These cookies will be used to provide relevant Ads about my services and are intended to improve the customer experience. No Personally Identifiable information is stored in any of the platforms mentioned above.
Category 5: social media cookies
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS?
To ensure you get the best possible experience when visiting my website, I recommend that you accept cookies. However, you can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies).
The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. I suggest consulting the Help section of your browser.